Remember how I said this was a quiet weekend? I lied.

You know, I should learn to keep my trap shut sometimes.

I had posted in an earlier entry that this weekend was going to be a welcome respite from the hectic month before. I had very little planned (other than meeting Louie for dinner and drinks last night), and mainly planned on relaxing and not doing anything of note. That ended up being true for both Saturday and Sunday. Today, however, turned out to be another story altogether.

I got up at around 9 AM or so, had breakfast and my morning coffee, and settled down to catch up on the day’s news plus talk to Misty some. Unfortunately, right around lunch, I got a call from a VP at work telling me that he wanted me to come down to Mexico tomorrow evening so I could fix a printer issue at our location down there. Fortunately, I was able to talk to coworkers, come up with an alternate solution that didn’t even need to involve me going down there, and relayed it to the VP. That crisis was, fortunately, averted.

However, while this was going on, I was informed that a serious recurring issue with the network uplink at the corporate office was not on our ISP’s end and instead was at the office, so I ended up having to drive down there in miserable weather to see about getting it fixed. I actually passed at least two major wrecks on I-45 northbound on the way down there; needless to say when I drove home I took US 59 and the Hardy Toll Road. Still, I managed to get it fixed and came back home. I would have preferred to have those two hours to lay about the house in, though.

As for the rest of this evening, well… not sure what I’ll be doing yet. I might go take a short nap in a bit, and then watch some TV after dinner. Exciting, I know, but I really don’t have anything else planned. Tomorrow is going to be something of a hectic day, so I need some relaxation before I hit the ground running in the morning. Ah, well… might as well make the best of it. I just hope I don’t have any more work-related interruptions…