I know I should be doing an actual post at some point. I’ll do one. I promise.
In the meantime, here’s a musical meme I yanked from my friend Jenn Dolari.
Step 1: Put your iTunes or equivalent on random.
Step 2: Post the first or so lines from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Get your friends to contemplate your bizarre tastes in music by guessing the songs.
Step 4: Bold out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
1) Hey man, please don’t make a sound. Take a look around, can’t you see what’s right in front of you? Have a little taste, no more time to waste. You don’t wanna get left behind cause it’s all coming down right now.
2) In the time when darkness ruled, no one saw the light. In the cold black emptiness, victims of the night.
3) On his way to dinner, when it took him by surprise, and with one pull of the trigger, he would vanish overnight. Dancing by the roadside, holding on for dear life; then a gun from out of nowhere made a widow of his wife.
4) The wind was a torrent of darkness among the gusty trees. The moon was a ghostly galleon tossed upon the cloudy seas. The road was a ribbon of moonlight over the purple moor.
5) You can have my autograph. I think I’ll sign it love to you. But should I sign it just for you?
6) Only came outside to watch the nightfall with the rain. I heard you making patterns rhyme. Like some new romantic looking for the TV sound, you’ll see I’m right some other time.
7) Show me a river that’s so deep, show me a mountain so high. I’ll show you love that’ll last forever. Flyin’ high, so high.
8) You get to feel so guilty, got so much for so little, then you find that feeling just won’t go away. You’re holding on to every little thing so tightly ’til there’s nothing left for you anyway.
9) Uhh! Awww, sookie sookie now! Hey! Oww, uhh! Come on, baby! Hey there, Sugar Darlin’, let me tell you something girl, I’ve been trying to say, now.
10) Love – Devotion – Feeling – Emotion. Don’t be afraid to be weak. Don’t be too proud to be strong.
11) Wake up in the morning, and I raise my weary head. I got an old coat for a pillow and the earth was last night’s bed.
12) Highway run into the midnight sun… wheels go round and around. You’re on my mind.
13) I tried to kill the pain but only brought more… so much more. I lay dying and I’m pouring crimson regret and betrayal.
14) Time it was, and what a time it was. It was a time of innocence, a time of confidences. Simon & Garfunkel – “Bookends”
15) Every night she walks right in my dreams since I met her from the start. I’m so proud I am the only one who is special in her heart.
16) Hooray for a child who makes it through. If there’s any way because the answer lies in you…
17) As I wake up in a room somewhere, dawn light not yet showing, there’s just a thin horizon between me and her; the edge of a half-dream glowing.
18) Words like violence break the silence… come crashing into my little world.
19) Tell me, Doctor, where are we going this time? Is this the 50’s or 1999?
20) I know you broke up with him, and your heart’s still on the shelf. It’s been over two years for me and I’m still not quite myself.